TruXedo® Titanium FAQ
Answers to frequently asked questions about the TruXedo Titanium truck bed cover.
- How do I care for my vinyl tonneau cover?
- I have a toolbox on my truck already. Can I still get the Titanium to fit on my truck?
- Will the TruXedo® Titanium work with a 5th wheel?
- Can I lock the Titanium?
- I live in a region that is very hot. Will the Titanium fabric fade in the sun?
- Can I still open my tailgate with the Titanium on my truck?
- Does the Titanium come in different colors?
- Will the Titanium work in the winter as well as in the summer?
- Will the Titanium work with my other truck accessories?
- I have an older truck and I don’t see the year in the application guide. Can I still get a Titanium for my truck?
- I have a truck with a utility track system in the bed. Can I still use the Titanium?
- I live in a region that gets a lot of heavy snow. Can the Titanium hold the snow without bending?
- Can I buy the Titanium direct from the factory?
- Where can I order replacement parts for my Titanium?
The vinyl fabric on your tonneau cover can be cleaned with mild soap and water, and may be hand washed or safely cleaned in the car wash of your choice. Thoroughly rinse cover to remove any soap residue. Vinyl cover can be treated with any vinyl protectants made for tonneau covers. Never clean cover with petroleum or citrus-based products, and avoid silicone based protectants. We now offer Pro-Tex™ soft tonneau protectant spray to clean, preserve and protect your soft tonneau.
No. The Titanium tonneau cover cannot be custom made to fit with an existing toolbox.
Yes. Simply roll the cover all the way open and secure with security straps at the front of the bed. This allows you full access to your 5th wheel.
The Titanium secures automatically when latched at the rear, and provides added security when used with a locking tailgate. It can not be opened until the tailgate is unlocked and opened. There are no additional locks or sliding mechanisms needed to lock the cover.
No. The fabric used in the Titanium is very high quality and has been tested in extreme conditions. It is UV-protected and will not fade in the sun.
Yes. The Titanium does not restrict the tailgate. The rear header functions independently of the tailgate so there is nothing to remove when opening the tailgate.
Yes. The Titanium fabric is designed to work in temperatures ranging from –40 degrees to 120 degrees fahrenheit. There are no cumbersome snaps or zip-strips to hassle with – no more tugging on the fabric to get it snapped. Just roll it back and latch into place. Then slide your hand along the sides to engage the Velcro® brand fasteners on the sides.
The Titanium will work with most truck accessories such as bed liners, rail caps and side rails. It may not work with all bed extenders but there is an adapter kit availabe for purchase. The Titanium side rails extend 3” into the bed on each side. In order to use the bed extender, it must not come within 3” of the side of the bed when rotated, or it must be able to detach from the truck, be manually rotated and re-attached. Please call 1-877-878-9336 or email email@example.com if you have questions about a specific application or accessory.
Q: I have an older truck and I don’t see the year in the application guide. Can I still get a Titanium for my truck?
No. The Titanium can not be custom made for applications that are not listed. However, the TruXedo® Lo Pro can be custom made for antique applications. Just fill out the Box Details Sheet indicating measurements, truck information, and cover information for a custom made TruXedo® Lo Pro.
Yes, the Titanium will work with your utility track system.
Q: I live in a region that gets a lot of heavy snow. Can the Titanium hold the snow without bending?
The Titanium uses light but strong aluminum slats under the vinyl exterior. It is very high quality and has been tested in extreme conditions. It can hold up to 400 pounds without bending the cover.
No. We manufacture the Titanium here at the factory and sell through our wholesale distribution network. We do not sell direct to the public. We would be happy to assist you in finding a dealer in your area or a website to order from. Just call 1-877-878-9336 or click on Buy Now on the TruXedo® website.
Only replacement part orders can go directly through TruXedo by calling 1-877-878-9336 or filling out the Contact Us form.