- Is there a total loading limit that shall not be exceeded when using the TonneauTraX?
- Are there any objects or items that I should not secure or tie down to my TonneauTraX?
- How many anchor point locations does the TonneauTraX have?
- How do I care for my vinyl tonneau cover?
- How do I adjust the tension on my tonneau cover?
- Will the TonneauTraX work with my other truck accessories?
- Can I lock the TonneauTraX?
- Will the TonneauTraX work in the winter as well as in the summer?
- Will the TonneauTraX work with a 5th wheel?
- Can I still open my tailgate with TonneauTraX on my truck?
- Does the TonneauTraX come in different colors?
- I have a bed extender. Will the TonneauTraX work with it?
- I live in a region that is very hot. Will the TonneauTraX fabric fade in the sun?
- I live in a region that gets a lot of heavy snow. Can the TonneauTraX hold the snow without bending or stretching?
- I would like to install the TonneauTraX myself. How long will it take to install it myself?
- Can I buy the TonneauTraX direct from the factory?
- Where can I order replacement parts for my TonneauTraX?
- I already have a TruXedo Lo Pro QT. Can I convert my TruXedo® Lo Pro QT to a TonneauTraX?
- Why is there a hole punched on the rear of the passenger side rail of the TruXedo® TonneauTraX, but no latch present?
Yes! Each individual anchor is rated at a working load limit of 250 pounds. The total loading for all anchor locations combined shall not exceed 1000 pounds.
We suggest that you do not attach heavy or unstable objects to TonneauTraX rails. You should only use the trucks factory bed anchors for securing unstable items or heavy items that exceed the TonneauTraX recommended load rating of the cargo anchors. Failure to do so, could cause damage to the pickup bed.
The number of anchor point locations, depends on the length of the side rail.
• 4 ½’ bed will have 7 anchor point locations on each side rail
• 5’ bed will have 8 anchor point locations on each side rail
• 5 ½’ bed will have 8 anchor point locations on each side rail
• 5' 8" bed will have 8 anchor point locations on each side rail
• 6’ bed will have 8 anchor point locations on each side rail
• 6 ½’ bed will have 10 anchor point locations on each side rail
• 7’ bed will have 10 anchor point locations on each side rail
• 8’ bed will have 12 anchor point locations on each side rail
The vinyl fabric on your tonneau cover can be cleaned with mild soap and water, and may be hand washed or safely cleaned in the car wash of your choice. Thoroughly rinse cover to remove any soap residue. Vinyl cover can be treated with any vinyl protectants made for tonneau covers. Never clean cover with petroleum or citrus-based products, and avoid silicone based protectants. We now offer Pro-Tex™ soft tonneau protectant spray to clean, preserve and protect your soft tonneau.
The TonneauTraX tonneau cover has automatic tension control. There are two spring loaded steel plungers at the front of the bed that maintain constant tension on the front header, allowing the cover to stay tight in any weather. Initially, you need to set the tension. This should be done during the warmest part of the day by closing the cover, releasing the Velcro® brand fasteners from both sides near the cab, and checking compression of the spring plungers against the front header. Roll cover open to make adjustments. Repeat until satisfactory tension is achieved. Refer to the TonneauTraX Owner’s Manual for more specific information.
Yes! The unique inside mount design of the TonneauTraX rails enables you to accessorize with most bed rails, bed liners, and rail caps.
The TonneauTraX secures automatically when latched at the rear, and provides added security when used with a locking tailgate. It cannot be opened until the tailgate is unlocked and opened. There are no additional locks or sliding mechanisms needed to lock the cover.
The tonneau cover fabric will not shrink in cold temperatures, to –40 degrees F. Patented automatic tension control system keeps the cover tight whether it is 40 degrees below or 120 degrees above. Sliding Velcro® brand hook on the side rail works with the automatic tension control plungers to keep the cover tight – even when it’s closed!
Yes! Simply roll the cover all the way open and secure with security straps at the front of the bed. This allows you full access to your 5th wheel.
Yes – the TonneauTraX does not restrict the tailgate. The rear header functions independently of the tailgate so there is nothing to remove when opening the tailgate.
The TonneauTraX is available in five popular colors including Black, Navy Blue, Buckskin, Charcoal Grey and Light Grey. We recommend that you call customer service at 877-878-9336 to have a color sample of the fabric sent to you before ordering. An additional charge may apply for colored covers. See dealer for details
The TonneauTraX side rails extend 3” into the bed on each side. In order to use the bed extender, it must not come within 3” of the side of the bed when rotated, or it must be able to detach from the truck, be manually rotated and re-attached. An adaptor kit is available to be purchased separately for 05-08 Nissan Frontiers and Nissan Titans with utili-trac systems. Please contact a dealer for more information.
The fabric used in the TonneauTraX is very high quality and has been tested in extreme conditions. It is UV-protected and will not fade in the sun.
Q: I live in a region that gets a lot of heavy snow. Can the TonneauTraX hold the snow without bending or stretching?
The fabric used in the TonneauTraX is very high quality and has been tested in extreme conditions. It can hold up to 350 pounds without stretching the fabric.
Typically, the TonneauTraX can be installed easily in about 20 minutes! See the Installation link for more detailed installation instructions or call customer service at 1-877-878-9336 for help installing the TonneauTraX.
We manufacture the TonneauTraX here at the factory and sell through our wholesale distribution network. We do not sell direct to the public. We would be happy to assist you in finding a dealer in your area or a website to order from. Just call 1-877-878-9336 or click on Buy Now on the TruXedo® website.
Only replacement part orders can go directly through TruXedo by calling 1-877-878-9336 or filling out the Contact Us form.
Yes. You may purchase a conversion kit which includes the two TonneauTraX side rails, four cargo anchors and ten TonneauTraX clamps. Our customer service department will be able to assist you in determining if the Lo Pro QT clamps will work with your current cover. Call 1-877-878-9336.
Q: Why is there a hole punched on the rear of the passenger side rail of the TruXedo® TonneauTraX, but no latch present?
The reason the rails are all punched the same way is to keep them uniform, for manufacturing efficiency and to reduce tooling costs. By doing this, we are able to keep manufacturing time down to get you your orders faster and also to keep the price of our products lower.