- Where can I find the date code stamp on my TruXport cover?
- How do I care for my TruXport tonneau cover fabric?
- What is the difference between the TruXport® and a TruXedo® Lo Profile tonneau cover?
- Is the TruXport® weather proof?
- Can I use the TruXport® with my toolbox?
- Does the TruXport® come in any other colors?
- How does the TruXport® mount to the truck?
- I have other truck accessories. Can I use the TruXport® with them?
- Can I lock the TruXport® tonneau cover?
- Will the TruXport® fabric fade in the sun?
- I would like to install my TruXport® myself. How long does it take to install a TruXport® tonneau cover?
- Can I buy a TruXport® tonneau cover directly from the factory?
- Where can I order replacement parts for my TruXport?
- With other inexpensive tonneau covers, it is difficult to operate them in cold weather. Will TruXport® work in the cold?
- Does TruXport® cover stake hole pockets?
The date stamp on the TruXport covers is found on the PASSENGER SIDE (underside of cover) towards the Tailgate. (Rear) This can be viewed by rolling the rear header 2-3 times and the part number/ date code will be visible.
The vinyl fabric on your tonneau cover can be cleaned with mild soap and water, and may be hand washed or safely cleaned in the car wash of your choice. Thoroughly rinse cover to remove any soap residue. Vinyl cover can be treated with any vinyl protectants made for tonneau covers. Never clean cover with petroleum or citrus-based products, and avoid silicone based protectants. We now offer Pro-Tex™ soft tonneau protectant spray to clean, preserve and protect your soft tonneau.
The TruXport® tonneau cover is intended to be an economic alternative to traditional snap-style covers. It has fewer features and benefits than the premium tonneau cover, TruXedo® Lo Profile. This TruXport®/TruXedo® Lo Pro QT Comparison. shows the differences between the two tonneau covers.
Although no tonneau cover is completely waterproof, the TruXport® tonneau cover will help to keep rain, snow, and dust out of the bed of your truck. The TruXport® has seals on all four sides.
The TruXport® tonneau cover does cover the entire truck bed. It cannot be made to fit with an existing toolbox.
The TruXport® is a top-mount design, meaning it mounts to the top of the truck bed rails. The rails of the TruXport® are clamped onto the truck bed rails on each side using three clamps. The front and rear headers attach to the TruXport® rails. For more detailed instructions on installing the TruXport® tonneau cover, please refer to the owner’s manual.
Since the TruXport® is mounted to the top of the truck bed rails, it cannot be used with bed rails. It can, however, be used with bed liners and bed caps. If you have questions on other specific accessories, please call our sales office at 1-877-878-9336.
The TruXport® tonneau cover cannot be opened without opening the tailgate. Cover can provide added security when used with a locking tailgate.
The fabric used in the TruXport® is very high quality and has been tested in extreme conditions. It is UV-protected and will not fade in the sun.
Q: I would like to install my TruXport® myself. How long does it take to install a TruXport® tonneau cover?
The TruXport® does require more assembly than the Original TruXedo® and the TruXedo® Lo Profile. On average, it takes about 20-30 minutes to install. For detailed installation instructions, see the TruXport® owner’s manual.
We manufacture the TruXport® here at the factory and sell through our wholesale distribution network. We do not sell direct to the public. We would be happy to assist you in finding a dealer in your area or a website to order from. Just call 1-877-878-9336 or click on Buy Now on the TruXedo® website.
Only replacement part orders can go directly through TruXedo by calling 1-877-878-9336 or filling out the Contact Us form.
Q: With other inexpensive tonneau covers, it is difficult to operate them in cold weather. Will TruXport® work in the cold?
TruXport® fabric expands slightly in cold weather, so it is very easy to operate – even at 20 degrees below zero! There are no cumbersome snaps or zip-strips to hassle with – no more tugging on the fabric to get it snapped. Just roll it back and latch into place. Then slide your hand along the sides to engage the Velcro® brand fasteners on the sides. For more detailed operation instructions, see the Operation page on the website.
Depending on the truck model, TruXport® may or may not cover all stake hole pockets.