- How do I care for my vinyl tonneau cover?
- How do I adjust the tension on my tonneau cover?
- I have a toolbox on my truck already? Can I still get a Edge to fit on my truck?
- Will the Edge work with my other truck accessories?
- Can I lock the Edge?
- Will the Edge work in the winter as well as in the summer?
- Will the Edge work with a 5th wheel?
- Can I still open my tailgate with the Edge on my truck?
- Does the Edge come in different colors?
- I live in a region that is very hot. Will the Edge fabric fade in the sun?
- I would like to install the Edge myself. How long will it take to install it myself?
- Can I buy the TruXedo® Edge direct from the factory?
- Where can I order replacement parts for my TruXedo Edge?
- Why is there a hole punched on the rear of the passenger side rail of the TruXedo® Edge, but no latch present?
The vinyl fabric on your tonneau cover can be cleaned with mild soap and water, and may be hand washed or safely cleaned in the car wash of your choice. Thoroughly rinse cover to remove any soap residue. Vinyl cover can be treated with any vinyl protectants made for tonneau covers. Never clean cover with petroleum or citrus-based products, and avoid silicone based protectants. We now offer Pro-Tex™ soft tonneau protectant spray to clean, preserve and protect your soft tonneau.
Set tension during warmest part of day. With cover closed, release hook and loop fasteners from both side rails near cab. Roll cover opened and rotate tension controls to adjust. Close cover and recheck. Repeat until satisfactory tension is achieved.
The Edge tonneau cover cannot be custom made to fit with an existing toolbox.
Yes! The unique inside mount design of the Edge rails enables you to accessorize with most bed rails, bed liners, and rail caps.
The Edge secures automatically when latched at the rear, and provides added security when used with a locking tailgate. It can not be opened until the tailgate is unlocked and opened. There are no additional locks or sliding mechanisms needed to lock the cover.
The Edge fabric expands slightly in cold weather, so it is very easy to operate – even at 20 degrees below zero! There are no cumbersome snaps or zip-strips to hassle with – no more tugging on the fabric to get it snapped. Just roll it back and latch into place. Then slide your hand along the sides to engage the Velcro® brand fasteners on the sides. For more detailed operation instructions, see the Operation page on the website.
Yes! Simply roll the cover all the way open and secure with security straps at the front of the bed. This allows you full access to your 5th wheel.
Yes – the Edge does not restrict the tailgate. The rear header functions independently of the tailgate so there is nothing to remove when opening the tailgate.
The fabric used in the Edge is very high quality and has been tested in extreme conditions. It is UV-protected and will not fade in the sun.
Typically, the Edge can be installed easily in minutes! For detailed installation instructions, see the Edge owner’s manual.
We manufacture the Edge here at the factory and sell through our wholesale distribution network. We do not sell direct to the public. We would be happy to assist you in finding a dealer in your area or a website to order from. Just call 1-877-878-9336 or click on Buy Now on the TruXedo® website.
Only replacement part orders can go directly through TruXedo by calling 1-877-878-9336 or filling out the Contact Us form.
Q: Why is there a hole punched on the rear of the passenger side rail of the TruXedo® Edge, but no latch present?
The reason the rails are all punched the same way is to keep them uniform, for manufacturing efficiency and to reduce tooling costs. By doing this, we are able to keep manufacturing time down to get you your orders faster and also to keep the price of our products lower.